Scholarships/বৃত্তি are offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for the applicants with an undergraduate degree from developing countries through its program “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries“ for the study in Master’s in Textile and Clothing Technology at Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology (ITM).
ITM decides on admission to the Master’s course in Textile and Clothing Technology and simultaneously submits a proposal for the allocation of scholarships/বৃত্তি. The final decision on the allocation of scholarships/বৃত্তি is taken by the DAAD.
The TU Dresden decides on the academic prerequisites for the admission to the Master’s in Textile and Clothing Technology. A joint selection committee of the DAAD and the TU Dresden submits a proposal for the allocation of scholarships/বৃত্তি. The final decision on the allocation of scholarships/বৃত্তি is however taken by the DAAD.
Further information: http://www. daad.de/pgc
PREREQUISITES FOR THE APPLICATION OF SCHOLARSHIP/বৃত্তি
- First vocationally qualifying international university degree (B.Sc.) in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Ready-Made Clothing Engineering, Ready-Made Clothing Technology, Textile Chemistry or Textile Finishing.
- Experts in leading technical functions including the management and marketing of the textile, clothing and ready-made clothing industries; experts in institutions of education and research as well as in agencies and government departments of developing countries; experts cooperating in national and international organisations. Applicants must be working in the last two years in the aforementioned functions before and the time of applying for the DAAD scholarship/বৃত্তি.
- German language skill: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 to start the course at TU Dresden; at the time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level B1 are highly recommended.
If you have no private financial resources or cannot obtain a scholarship from your government, company or an international organisation, you may apply a DAAD scholarship.
DAAD application forms are available at: http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/en/deutschland/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
Applications from Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria must be submitted via the German Embassy.
Applications from all other countries must be sent directly to the Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden).
Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are required to enclose 2 address labels written in Chinese characters with their application documents
The application form for the scholarship/বৃত্তি along with necessary documents must be reached before October 10 at TU Dresden.
Please send the documents directly to (except from Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria):
Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Textilmaschinen und Textile Hochleistungswerkstofftechnik (ITM)
Dr.-Ing. Joachim Arnold
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
A complete application consists of the application form and accompanying documents to be submitted in the original along with one set of legible copies.
Original and copies must be duly signed. The following documents must be submitted in the stated order:
- Hand-signed DAAD application form: http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/en/deutschland/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
- Hand-signed curriculum vitae
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) – very important
- At least one academic letter of reference from your university teacher, who can ensure the scientific competence of the applicant. The letter must be duly signed with an office stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional letter of recommendation from your employer; the letter The letter must be duly signed with an office stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Language certificate, giving evidence of the applicant’s level of proficiency in German at the time of application. The certificates should preferably be issued by a Goethe-Institute lecturer or a DAAD-Lector, otherwise by a recognised teacher of German.
- Academic certificates: Officially authenticated copies of the following:
- university diploma or degree certificate indicating the final grade(s)
- all university end-of-year exam certificates with individual grades
- school-leaving certificate, giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant’s home country with individual grades
All certificates must be accompanied by an explanation of the grading system.
Important: At the time of application, attested copies of certificates are not required. After the primary selection, the selected candidates will be requested to submit their officially authenticated copies of certificates.
The required copies of certificates must be then officially authenticated and submitted preferably on DIN A4 or A5 paper. Document copies may be authenticated as true copies of the originals with a stamp and signature by one of the following authorities: the German Embassy or Consulate or the university which conferred the degree. The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed. Original certificates will not be needed until matriculation at the German University.
- Application for the determination of competence for the course: http://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/fakultaeten/fakultaet_maschinenwesen/itm/studium/studien_pruefungsordnungen/EFO-Anlage.pdf
- Evidence of any existing contact with academics at TU Dresden (copies of correspondence)
- Recent photographs, attached to the application forms (original and copy)
- Documents relating to periods of practical training, if appropriated
- List of publications, if any (no need to enclose publication copies).
For economic and environmental reasons, please avoid using sheet holders and plastic folders in your application.
Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Textilmaschinen und Textile Hochleistungswerkstofftechnik