Types of insurances Bangladeshi students may need
- Insurance before coming to Germany (Mandatory)
- Insurance after coming to Germany (Mandatory)
- Life Insurance(optional)
If you get a visa, you have to make a travel health insurance of minimum 14 days.from Bangladesh.
List of insurance company accepted by German Embassy
01 Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Ltd.
02 Bangladesh General Insurance Company Ltd.
03 Bangladesh National Insurance Co. Ltd.
04 Central Insurance Company Ltd.
05 Delta Life Insurance Company Ltd.
06 Dhaka Insurance Limited
07 Eastern Insurance Company Ltd.
08 Eastland Insurance Company Ltd.
09 Green Delta Insurance
10 Jiban Bima Corporation
11 Mercentile Insurance Company Ltd.
12 Paramount Insurance Company Limited
13 Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.
14 Pragati Insurance Limited
15 Prime Insurance Company Limited
16 Sadharan Bima Corporation
17 Sena Kalyan Insurance Company Ltd.
18 Sikder Insurance Company Limited
19 Sonar Bangla Insurance Limited
20 United Insurance Company Ltd.
After coming to Germany you have to take a private or public insurance policy.
Q1: Public or Private Insurance?
Advantages of choosing Public Health Insurance instead of Private Health Insurance
- Fees do not depend on your age or your health status.
- Your Medical history doesn’t matter.
- All public health insurance companies offer the same basic benefits.
- You can insure your children and spouse for free of charge through the family insurance plan (if they have no income or only low income of their own).
- Students with low or no income benefit from a fixed reduced rate.
List of public insurance companies in Germany.
Which one will be best?
Facilities of all of them are almost same.
It is not mandatory but some prefer to do it because if anyone dies accidentally in Germany, his/her family will get financial help (up to 20 million). You can go to online comparison websites to find out suitable one and use https://www.trustpilot.com/ to find out trustable one.
S M Andalib Hossain