The Georg Forster Research Fellowship offers top opportunities for researchers from developing countries. If you are interested in a fellowship, check out if you are eligible to apply. Click here for the FAQ!
As many as 80 Georg Forster Research Fellowships can be granted annually. In the last few years, about one third of applications were successful (see also positive selection decisions since March 2013).
In addition, the Humboldt Foundation grants up to four Georg Forster Research Awards every year to leading researchers from developing countries.
You may apply for a Georg Forster Research Fellowship (HERMES) until 15 June 2015. Applications received after that date will be handled in the regular Georg Forster Research Fellowship Programme as EU co-financing will end. Every year there are some opportunities, if you missed the deadline this year then try for next year.
Those who got this fellowship till 2014 from Bangladesh
Please send us your application,
- if you are a researcher with above average qualifications in a developing or transition country (see list of countries),
- if you intend to carry out long-term research of your own choice (6 to 24 months) at a research institution in Germany together with an academic host you have chosen yourself,
- if your research outline includes aspects that are important for the continued development of your country or region of origin and
- if you want to contribute to the exchange of knowledge and methods between Germany and your country of origin.
We offer you (Funding/বৃত্তি)
- a monthly fellowship/বৃত্তি of 2,650 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years) or 3,150 EUR for experienced researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years),
- a flexible starting date and – for experienced researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays,
- individual mentoring during the sponsorship period,
- intensive German language course for fellows and their marital partners prior to the fellowship,
- additional financial support for accompanying family members, for example, or for items like travel expenses or pension plans and
- comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Fax: 0228-833 212